Bug: Error on Object Name Translation

When deploying and Basic code is translated to Javascript, object names loose their capitalization format. If there is a third capital letter in the name, it is lost. Example:

ContainerTSQR.Height = ContainerTrocaSensor.Height - InfoTrocarSensor.Height

becomes:

ContainerTSQR.Height = ContainerTrocasensor.Height - InfoTrocarsensor.Height

As a workaround I’m using this code:
ContainerTSQR.Height = eval(“ContainerTrocaSensor”).Height - eval(“InfoTrocarSensor”).Height

(AppStudio 6.2.7.2)

The Translator finds the first usage of a variable name, then uses its rendering for a subsequent occurrences of it. Have a look through your code: I bet you are using ContainerTrocasensor someplace.

This is the only occurrence of this variable. I’m resizing controls just after form is shown.
Looks like any AbcdEfgHijk is translated to AbcdEfghijk.
Happened with this variable names: ContainerTrocaSensor, InfoTrocarSensor

Does not happen wit these: ContainerTSTop, ContainerTSBottom, ContainerTSSensores

It caches these variable names, to save time in subsequent builds.

Make a change in each of your modules - just add or delete a space. This will force the cached modules to be retranslated.

I tried again, changing all modules. Same error.

ContainerTrocaSensor.Height -InfoTrocarSensor.Height

is translated to:
ContainerTrocasensor.Height -InfoTrocarsensor.Height

Tried changing variable names and creating new ones, same result. The third capital is lowered after translation.

Try opening the .nsx file in a text editor, and do a search on ContainerTrocasensor. Does it appear anywhere?

Yes. There is one in “cached_js”:

That’s the one it is using. You need to retranslate the module or form which contains that cached_js.

But I already edited all forms. For some reason this cache.js does not change.

You may have missed one, or not made a change which forced a translate. Translate is done on Deploy or if the app is started.