Emergency- bootstrap menu dissapears

I have remote users with Android Samsung Tablets that have been using a version of my NSB App for the past few months. This week, users are reporting that once a Hamburger Icon has been clicked and a choice is made, it disappears from the screen. The hamburger icon and functionality is absent from most subsequent screens. Sometimes it reappears, but after use it disappears. I have it in USB debugging and I see no warnings or errors in the console. Has anybody run into this issue? It is not all users (there are over 200 users) so far just a handful so far. I am concerned that some download or system update has caused this issue.
Galaxy TAB E 32GB
android version 7.1.1

Can you reproduce this?

No. I have one user whose route is close by my office. I have his tablet and I am seeing the issue. I cannot reproduce it on another tablet here so far. I will attach a video showing the issue.

I believe you - no need to send a video.

The reason for reproducing it is so it can be fixed. If we can make it happen here, we can get a fix out quickly.

Otherwise, it’s tough to know where to start.

Does the Hamburger sample do the same thing?

good idea. I will load it on the offending tablet and report back.

Happens with the Sample as well. Nice to know it was not something I did!

That helps a lot.

I’m charging up a Galaxy Tab 4 here to see if it does the same thing.

I tried going back to previous versions of the app, already compiled with earlier versions of NSBStudio ( I am on the latest ) and I am seeing the same behavior. This app has worked for months and the issue appeared this week.

Because of the urgency of this situation, I need to have a contingency in place. What is the best jqwidget that I can modify to perform like the hamburger?

The problem is caused by Chrome 66, which was just released. It happens on the desktop, too.

We should have a fix for this today.

Thanks, Thought I had to do a 24 hour programming stint! :slight_smile:

Fixed. We’ve uploaded a new build.

Chrome 66 changed how the events are triggered after a BS Hamburger or Dropdown is clicked. We came up with a better way of handling this, which should make sure this doesn’t happen again.

If your app uses the Bootstrap Hamburger or Dropdown controls, you need to install this update.

George - I am getting reports from users that this is still an issue , even with the new build and the Chrome update. I have not been able to verify this as yet. I will keep you posted.

Let me know if you can isolate this - the users may still have the old version.