Hi. Does anyone have an example on how to use Bluetooth / BLE via PhoneGap or similar? (Specifically, I need to receive BLE data, serially or otherwise, on Android 4 and 5 on Samsungs 2, 6 & 7).
I found the FAQ @ wiki.nsbasic.com --> /NSB/App_Studio_FAQ#Tell_me_more_about_Bluetooth.21 on this subject and I found the below two PhoneGap plugins…
- https://github.com/don/BluetoothSerial – more serial centric which I will need (assuming it does BLE)
- https://github.com/don/cordova-plugin-ble-central – which has good scan support.
As I am new to this (am a highly experienced VB6 programmer sorry , and almost average with JScript), it would be great to get a heads up on getting started.
I note the FAQ (above link) says…
- “there is a Bluetooth plugin for PhoneGap” - which is recommended?
- “PhoneGap Build makes it easy to compile AppStudio + Plugin apps” …
2.1 - I have used “Make Native App with PhoneGap” in the IDE, but how do I load the plug in etc etc?
2.2 - How do I call a PhoneGap plugin from NSB (pref in VB)?
- …Of course, the use of PhoneGap may not be necessary as most BLE Scan & Pairing functions etc are handled by Android, so if there is some universal way of opening a stream… (Eg: in Windows, Bluetooth can be treated purely as serial). I’m also familiar with sockets concepts.
- If this can only be achieved by PhoneGap, then maybe this Query should be there – I will leave admin to decide .
Any and all hints, tips and examples would be amazingly helpful. Thank you.