Jquery kitchensink - updating please wait.... on android

looking at the jquery mobile kitchensink sample program. Have visited “Solutions to Common Problems - NSB App Studio” and checked everything i can. what i’m getting is the webapp works fine in Chrome and Edge, but when I run on my android phone I’m getting the message “Updating … Please wait…”. i need to click on the x and it then loads the next stage of the software. this works fine on my kindle fire.

any ideas welcome!

thanks.

What Android phone are you running on? What version of Android OS is it using?

This is a bit odd, since it’s running fine on the Kindle Fire, also an Android device.

Thanks
I’m using an HTC one_m8. android 5.0.2 kindle fire 7. fire os 5.6.1.0.
I should have said that the updating message is because I’ve added the line into Project Properties and Global Code: “window.applicationCache.removeEventListener(“error”, NSB.oncache, False)”. without that line I get the cache error mentioned in “Solutions to Common Problems - NSB App Studio”.
just don’t understand a way around this (so that the error is forced out like in vba “on error” catchall or properly dealt with!) as i use the android phone quite a bit :slight_smile:
Cheers

Adding that line of code doesn’t solve the problem - it’s just a bandaid. You are better off fixing the real issue. I’d remove that line.

Did you try clearing the cache on the device?

With the line removed, connect the Remote Debugger. Are there any errors on the console?

Hi Thankshave now removed that line. Have looked at this site:Debuggers - NSB App Studio. Do you mean the “Chrome Remote Debugger”, please?Is there anything I should be looking for in the manifest file?I think it’s going to take a while for me to look at the remote debugger…Cheers

AppStudioSupport Leader
May 12 |

Adding that line of code doesn’t solve the problem - it’s just a bandaid. You are better off fixing the real issue. I’d remove that line.

Did you try clearing the cache on the device?

With the line removed, connect the Remote Debugger. Are there any errors on the console?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Let’s see what happens when you connect the Chrome Remote Debugger.