QR Code to quickly install apk

Useful notes at Wiki, http://wiki.nsbasic.com/Build_Native_AppScan , says:
Scan the QR Code to quickly install your new app onto an Android device. “QR Code Reader” in the Google Play store works well, as do others.
I scanned the QR code after having built an update. QR Code Reader shows just a link to an obsolete (date 2015) webpage, where one may download the apk to install it, but solely if it is uploaded before to the server. This is not yet the case when an update is successfully built. I need to upload it seperately to my server with another tool. Am I misunderstanding the Wiki or should it be updated?
Bernd

I don’t understand your post completly…

but if you are building your apk with Phonegap, it’ll put the apk on their phonegap server (build.phonegap.com) and you’ll see a link to download the apk and there’s also a QR code that points to this link so that you don’t need to enter the full path name in your phone. If you upload your code to phonegap again, it’ll update the apk so that the link keeps the same (the link contains the phonegap id that is defined in the project properties) so that if you’re downloading it again, you’ll get the updated apk. I am not 100% sure, but the link might change(?) or they might delete your apk. Anyway, I think it’s always not a good idea to publish an app by pointing to the Phonegap server. Better you download the apk and upload it with filezilla or whatever ftp client to your own website.

You might know all that, but I just want to make sure you know that before giving some hints:

• Does the QR code point to the same file as the link? (I think so!)
  • If not, does another QR code app points to another file?
  • If you are updating an app that was last updated in 2015 the download link might be still the same as back in 2015. It’s just a new apk on the old location. But if you download and install it and it’s still the old version, than you might clean your cache on your phone or download the apk with another browser to get the new version of the app.

Thanks. I never used the QR code and do not intend to. I upload with Dreamweaver and download from my website.
I only intended to tell that, once scanning the code, I got a link to MY website, where the app could not have been yet. This makes no sense for me and possibly not for other people.
No discussion needed. Just a hint for the makers.

I am just curious: you wrote:

“I got a link to MY website”

Does the link points to the same address as the decoded QR code?

Btw: Why don’t you ujse QR code? That’s very handy. It saves you from entering a webaddress in your phone.

The QR code with is returned has a URL to the app on PhoneGap’s servers. Part of it is the PhoneGap Build ID. You might want to check that the URL you are seeing is the same Build ID as your app.

I’ve never known it to point to the wrong place, but sometimes I’ve had more than one Build ID on the PhoneGap server.

This is what I get with QR Code scan.
The button FindeMich.apk at my website launches download and install on device.
I started a new PGBuild on Feb 18 and checked the date of WoBinIch.apk. It was Feb 17. At PGB Website they said: last build 24 hours ago.
I do not believe that PG would modify code of my website.

BTW FindeMich (bs) and WoBinIch (jq) have different IDs.

I do not type in addresses. Only a few clicks on buttons.
Maybe faster than with QR Code.

Normally I am writing everything here in english so that everyone can read it. But in this case I switch to german…

Also erst mal zu QR. ich will dich nicht überreden QR zu benutzen, aber vllt unterschätzt du die Möglichkeiten. QR kenne ich schon lange, aber so richtig benutze ich es erst seit der Web-Programmierung. Wenn man auf dem Desktop eine Website sieht die man sich mal auf dem handy angucken will, dann kann man z.B. sich von der aktuellen Seite in Chrome mit der Erweiterung ‘The QR Code Extension’ den QR code anzeigen lassen. Wenn man den mit dem Handy scannt, bekommt man sofort den link und landet mit dem Handy auf eben dieser Seite. Pretty cool, eh?

Und genau so wie man links zu webseiten erstellen kann, so kann man links zu dateien generieren die online liegen. QR code Generatoren wie https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com gibt es im Netz wie Sand am Meer
apk

Nun zu
https://bsommer.de/iudexmobil.html#page19Down14
Also dort verlinkst du auf APKs die du manuell auf deine Seite hochgeladen hast. Sprich: Du hast mit PGB erstellt, runtergeladen, und dann auf bsommer.de hochgeladen. Wenn du einen neuen Build mit PG erstellst, wird die APK natürlich NICHT auf bsommer hochgeladen. Wie du ja schreibst, kann das nicht sein.
Also letztlich verstehe ich ehrlich gesagt deine Frage/Anmerkung/Hinweis nicht. Interessiert mich aber :slight_smile:

PS: Interessante Projekte hast du da! ich plane auch so was ähnliches wie dein FindeMich. Ich hab lange Erfahrung mit VB6 und dem offline verfügbar machen von Onlinemaps. In Javascript hab ich schon viel mit leaflet gemacht. Muss halt nur noch beides mit AppStudio kombinieren. Vielleicht können wir Ressourcen bündeln?!

@Leader: Today at 15:49 I did a new try. First time – with QR Code - I really got a link to a freshly built app-release.apk.

Bernd

@suseday:
Wenn es funktioniert, wie erstmals heute um 15:49 Uhr, ist das wirklich schön. Jedenfalls für einen schnellen Test. Jetzt kann ich mich durchaus eher für das Thema erwärmen :slight_smile:
Seit einiger Zeit werden die apk nicht mehr mit ihrem eigentlichen Namen erstellt, sondern als app-release.apk.
Macht nichts, aber wenn ich über den Klartext Link herunterlade, kann ich gleich den richtigen Namen geben. Bei 9 nativen Apps dürfen sie nicht alle gleichen Namen haben und die Download Links müssen jeweils stimmen. Da bei meinen ständigen Spielereien auch mal Tippfehler vorkommen oder ich vergesse, einen Link anzupassen, habe ich mich daran gewöhnt, gleich auf meine Website hochzuladen und genau so zu testen, wie es der Besucher erlebt. Außerdem kann ich dabei auch gleich Infos und Datum bei Bedarf aktualisieren.

Die Apps sind eine Unterabteilung von bsommer.de. Dort habe ich Anwendungen für Juristen veröffentlicht. Da es dort momentan kaum etwas zu aktualisieren gibt, probiere ich immer wieder etwas Neues, berufsfremdes, einfach weil es Spaß macht. Die Geolocation und FotoSenden Apps kommen im Freundeskreis gut an. Ich kriege immer mal wieder Post vom aktuellen Aufenthaltsort, mit Koordinaten oder Foto.
Klar können wir zusammen an Ideen “arbeiten”. Bin natürlich frei bastelnder Laie, immerhin seit ein paar Jahrzehnten. Wie du siehst, ist mir noch keine Lösung eingefallen, wie ich die Karte in der Phonegap App speichern oder drucken (z.B. PDF) kann. Eigentlich unwichtig, denn die Web-App macht es ja. Aber, die Frage reizt eben doch sehr.

Vielen Dank noch mal für die Erläuterungen.

Bernd

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.