Recover File From Server

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the use of php to retrieve files which have been stored on a server.

I have been storing database files from my NSB/Appstudio application to my server by using a php file on the server. This has been working quite well. Now, I want to retrieve these files back to my app using php and I don’t know how to do it.

To store the files, I use the following code in my app:

Function btnBackupToServer_onclick()
DBjson=SQLExport(DB,“myDatabase.db”,exportComplete)
End Function

Function exportComplete()
Password="***********"
backToString=JSON.stringify(DBjson)
backToString=sjcl.encrypt(Password, JSON.stringify(DBjson))
IniFileName="DBbackup02EncryptLocalTest2"
req = Ajax(“http://###.###.#.##/xampp/saveBackUp.php”, “POST”, IniFileName & “,” & backToString)
If req.status = 200 Then
LabelBackupStatus2.textContent="Complete"
Else
LabelBackupStatus2.textContent="Failed"
End If
End Function

The php file on the server is as follows:

<?php header('Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *'); ini_set('display_errors','1'); $backup_dir = "c:\\xampp\DBBackup\\"; // Get the data from the client. $myText = file_get_contents('php://input'); $tmp = explode(",",$myText); $myFile = $tmp[0]; $myFile= $backup_dir . $myFile; echo "Data received from Device:
" . $myText; echo "

Writing data to " . $myFile; $f = fopen($myFile, 'w') or die("can't open file"); fwrite($f, $myText); fclose($f); ?>

I would really appreciate help in the form of sample code to place in my app as well as a sample php file for the server.

Hi, well, the first thing you need is the php file to communicate with the server and the correct query (Select from *…) by GET or POST. Try to get the answer you need (you can try with Postman). Here is an example:

<?php $host='localhost'; $username=''; $pwd=''; $db=""; $con=mysqli_connect($host,$username,$pwd,$db) or die ('Unable to connect'); if(mysqli_connect_error($con)) { echo "Failed to Connect to Database ".mysqli_connect_error(); } $sql="SELECT * FROM yourtable"; $result=mysqli_query($con,$sql); if($result) { $rawdata = array(); $i=0; while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)) { $rawdata[$i] = $row; $i++; } echo json_encode($rawdata); $jsonencoded = json_encode($rawdata,JSON_UNESCAPED_UNICODE); $fh = fopen('file.json', 'w'); /if you want a file in the server fwrite($fh, $jsonencoded); fclose($fh); }else { echo('Error'); } mysqli_close($con); Once you get the correct result you need to call the php file with Ajax like this: 'use this sentence on a clic button for example req=Ajax("http://yourwebdomain/file.php", done) Function done() If req.status = 200 Then 'success url = "http://yourdomain/file.json" 'The file you get from php GetJSON(url,obt_json) 'Read the Json File end if end function Function obt_json(data) For i = 0 To UBound(data) 'each row on json Select1.addItem(data[i].avalidtablefield) 'the result into a select Next i end function Tell us your result.....

Xaris_Velas solution may be overkill. From what I can tell, you’re just copying the database to the server as a big text string - not turning it back into an SQLite database on the server.

In that case, send to back as the same file it was sent as - no processing of the data is needed.

Thanks for your response, Xaris_Velas!

Thank you - Yes, I just need to store the database onto the server and then load it back to the app later. I do not need to do any processing of the database on the server.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.