Hi Guys, I’m struggling with the complexity of Volt. There are several complex steps just to log in a user (from the app) before Volt will do anything. Can I circumvent this complexity just to use it as storage? I realise security is needed, but everything is encrypted anyway.
- All I need is to rd/wr data on volt using managed syntax like
– This syntax looks great but only returns “unauthorised”.
– Is there a simple way of doing it without my users signing on?
- Assuming my users must sign on, I watched cayocoder’s tutorial, found the sample, and reviewed it’s code. COMPLEX.
– Does all that code have to be sifted through, imported and stitched into my program before I can sign on and rd/wr data?
– Using something like
serverStorage.SignIn("username", "password"), can I sign my users in within code and then create a matching account in https://dashboard.voltcloud.io/frmApp manually?
When I do try to create a user at https://dashboard.voltcloud.io/frmUsers , it sends me a registration email.
– Where does that email go? (It certainly never goes to my email box ).
– Is it actually trying to send something to my app? The documentation on this seems ambiguous.
I tried http://wiki.nsbasic.com/Log_in but all it says is showSignIn undefined (see details).
Is there a simple alternative to Volt (apart from Google Docs as am reviewing next) to simply read write data to the cloud?
Sorry if I am missing something really obvious. Thanks in advance!
I have set up a volt account and have setup Volt AppID & Domain in Properties. Dashboard Access is False (tried True).
I am using Volt with an app compiled in PhoneGap (George you will recall we resolved that on Can I use Volt AND PhoneGap? ). I have also tried Deploy To Volt (of course the PhoneGap extensions don’t work there, but that does not interfere with these server tests) – no change.
Details of the extraheaders:
var appId = '###';
(…above ### parts completed with priv details and thoroughly checked.)
The 1st line was as advised in Can I use Volt AND PhoneGap? . The subsequent lines are tried from http://wiki.nsbasic.com/First_app (which doesn’t actually say do anything in AppStudio except set up an account).