Error on startup phonegap app running on Android j

I’ve just started getting multiple reports from users that my apps, Sycorp Calc Pro, has stopped working on certain Android phones.

They get a dialog box on startup “connection to server was unsuccessful (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)” and the app exits and doesn’t run. In all cases so far, the app was working ok up till yesterday. seems to be on Android 6.0.1 with March security update.

My app is using phonegap Build, using 6.1.2 phone gap version. Built with NSB 6.2.1 version

Has anybody else experienced this problem? I’m a bit in panic mode as I have many users on Android.
Thanks,
Malcolm

Moved to PhoneGap Category.

Issue solved: the error was occurring because the app was taking too long to startup. Initially I was able to work around the problem by adding the following to config.xml for phonegap, which increased the timeout allowance:

However my app was taking 20-60 seconds to startup now. Finally found the issue: Debugger was set to True in NSbasic.
Something in a recent security update on 6.0.1 android conflicted with this setting and slowed the load up, where it hadn’t been an issue before.

Needless to say I should have had the debugger setting disabled for production version, and have since uploaded a corrected version. Hope this might be helpful for anyone else who gets this error message on Android phonegap versions.
Malcolm

Thanks!

That feature is obsolete anyway - we’ll remove it from the next build.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.